Review of existing data and undertaking field surveys to identify areas of known core and potential koala habitats to enable conservation efforts...
Water Technology has been involved in the development of Wyndham Harbour since the early conceptual planning stages in 2003. The Harbour has evolved from the initial conceptual design through to final design and construction with the help of the Water Technology coastal and environment team. The key work items over the life of the project have included:
- Coastal processes and sediment transport studies
- Sampling and analysis of coastal sediments – Numerical modelling of harbour water quality, tidal and pump driven circulation and optimisation of harbour design and configuration
- Design and implementation of water quality testing and analysis programme
- Fate and transport of marine pollutants within the Harbour and the impact on Port Phillip Bay ecology – Breakwater design and optimisation through analysis of height, rock size, slope etc
- Management of verification of breakwater design through physical testing
- Assessment of dredging schedule and methodology
- Numerical modelling of impacts of dredging turbidity and optimisation of dredging and turbidity mitigation methods
- Application for Coastal Management Act Consent for Dredging
- Reporting to support the Environmental Effects Statement and presentations to the EES Panel hearing.
The work at Wyndham Harbour, combined with similar harbour and marine development projects at Martha Cove, Mornington Safe Harbour and Portarlington have provided Water Technology unparalleled experience and knowledge of the environment and coastal and oceanographic processes within Port Phillip Bay along with the procedure required to take a concept design to built product.
Long-term harbour development project from concept design, coastal process studies and impact assessments
WATSONS PTY LTD PRUDENTIA INVESTMENTS WYNDHAM HARBOUR BMD CONSTRUCTIONS