Assess the water quality implications concerning the Pulgul STP capacity upgrade works....
Expert staff from Water Technology’s Brisbane office joined the McArthur River Mine Independent Monitor team, under the management of ERIAS Group. The Independent Monitor (IM) team includes experts in the fields of groundwater, geochemistry, hydrology, hydraulics, ecology, geotechnics, geomorphology, water quality, soil and sediment quality, and mine closure. In addition to ERIAS Group, the team consists of six consultancies from across Australia:
- Water Technology
- Pell Sullivan Meynick
- Groundwater Resource Management
- Environmental Geochemistry International
- Low Ecological Services
- Integrated Design Solutions
MCARTHUR RIVER, NT Northern Territory
NT DEPARTMENT OF MINES AND ENERGY
The IM was first established in 2007 with the aim to assess the environmental performance of the McArthur River Mine and the Department of Mines and Energy. The IM was renewed this year under the management of ERIAS Group. The assessment is based on the review of:
- Environmental assessments and monitoring activities undertaken by the mine operator (MRM Pty Ltd).
- Environmental assessments and audits undertaken by the mine regulator, the Department of Mines and Energy (DME).
This is a five-year project for the new team, beginning in 2014 with a site visit to familiarise the team with the Mine, DME and associated staff. The Independent Monitor Audit Report for 2014 (2013-2014 operational period) was released in October 2014 and is available for download at the MRM-Staging Website.