If you are a specialist in the surface water sector and you are keen to lead a team to make a difference and drive a positive change in sustainable water management, this role may be for you.
If you want to make a difference and drive a positive change in sustainable water management, this role may be for you
I am interested in applying for the Group Manager – Surface Water position
"*" indicates required fields
We seek an experienced Group Manager, Surface Water; a specialist in the Floodplains, WSUD, or Stormwater sector, to help grow our existing Adelaide operation. Key responsibilities include:
- Expanding and building client relationships in the SA region.
- Delivering high quality expert advice and managing stakeholders internally & externally.
- Tendering, performance and delivery of hydrological and hydraulic modelling studies.
- Managing a team to deliver exciting and innovative technical projects with support from other teams as needed.
- Acting as the team lead for shared group projects across the business.
- Recruiting new staff to your team in SA as needed and in line with the agreed business plan.
The right team member will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a water related discipline (preferred 5+ years post graduation experience).
- Consulting or project management experience
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team with significant teamwork skills and a strategic and collaborative approach
- Established relationships in the water industry in South Australia will be highly regarded
- Strong business acumen coupled with technical expertise
- Advanced technical skills would be an advantage, including flood (TUFLOW, MIKE) and hydrologic (RAFTS, URBS) modelling packages (although you might not be using these every day)
- Stellar customer service focus; an interest in creating excellent outcomes
- Communications skills – to know when to consult, when to advise and when to guide
Benefits for you:
Water Technology offers:
- A permanent part-time or full-time role
- A word-class company policy that supports ‘the whole person’. They believe employees’ well-being is paramount and offer real flexibility for balance between work, family, and your personal priorities. They respect individual work rhythms and design working conditions to leverage each employee’s most productive self.
- An extensive suite of internal and external training programs to nurture personal and professional development
- The chance to be mentored by and collaborate with some of the most respected and experienced water and environment professionals in Australia
- Involvement in an enviable array of interesting and challenging local and national projects
- An opportunity to work with an expansive and varied client portfolio
- A competitive salary + annual bonus
- Option to be part of the employee share program providing ownership in the business
An engineering or science degree.
About Water Technology
Our vision is to deliver sustainable and innovative water management solutions to secure the health and safety of the community and environment that we live in for future generations. We aspire to drive positive changes in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals supported by our strong company culture focused on people, sustainability, and leadership development.
We employ over 100 staff operating from 10 offices across five states and overseas in New Zealand. When joining us, you will secure flexible work arrangements (including Working From Home options), a 38-hour a week commitment to balance personal and professional lives, access to our wellbeing and leadership development program, learn from our national team of experts for continuous learning.
How to Apply
If you feel this role may be for you and we can together drive a positive change in environmental sustainability, please send a cover letter demonstrating the value you can bring to our organisation and a CV. Or for a confidential conversation, please get in touch with Kim McAuliffe, People and Culture Manager, on (03) 8526 0800.
**Applicants will be assessed as they arrive – therefore, if you have an interest, we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water Technology is proud to contribute to the increasing diversity of the Australian workforce. Supporting equity and diversity means supporting opportunities for all candidates to find suitable employment. As an inclusive recruiter and employer, we recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. Our recruitment upholds the principles of merit and equity, and we welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTQI+ and mature age workers.