Join our Sydney team of industry-leading professionals as an Ecologist.
Due to continued business growth, Water Technology requires an Ecologist, to be based out of NSW – ideally the businesses Parramatta Office. Here you will join a close-knit team of
industry-leading professionals, where staff are truly valued and an open, innovative, and supportive culture is encouraged.
I am interested in applying for the Ecologist position
"*" indicates required fields
In this role you will enjoy a variety of work by partnering with local and federal government, regulatory authorities, and private organisations. You will have the opportunity to provide
leadership and support on a range of projects, including:
- Supervise others and utilise your established contacts & networks for business development
- Delivering high-quality expert advice and managing stakeholders internally & externally
- Manage your own projects with support from other teams as needed
- Lead ecological field investigations, report preparation & biodiversity assessments
- Undertake broader environmental investigations and impact statements
The right team member will have:
As an established or emerging leader, you will possess:
- Qualifications in ecology
- 2+ years’ experience, preferably within a consulting environment
- Demonstrated botanical identification skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation
- Sound experience within Sydney Basin ecology and undertaking ecological surveys in the vegetation communities of NSW
- BAM Accreditation and/or bushfire planning accreditation would be highly regarded
- Current driver’s licence
Benefits for you:
Life’s too short, not to have it all.
In exchange for your expertise, Water Technology offers:
A permanent part-time or full-time role
A word-class company policy that supports ‘the whole person’. They believe employees’ well-being is paramount and offer real flexibility for balance between work, family, and your personal priorities. They respect individual work rhythms and design working conditions to leverage each employee’s most productive self.
An extensive suite of internal and external training programs to nurture personal and professional development
The chance to be mentored by and collaborate with some of the most respected and experienced water and environment professionals in Australia
Involvement in an enviable array of interesting and challenging local and national projects
An opportunity to work with an expansive and varied client portfolio
A competitive salary + annual bonus
Option to be part of the employee share program providing ownership in the business
About Water Technology
Water Technology is an employee-owned Australian water business. We have developed a strong reputation for achieving technical excellence in the delivery of engineering and scientific services, with specialised skills across coastal and marine, hydrogeology, hydrology, and hydraulics, wastewater, geomorphology, environmental planning, civil and environmental engineering. We are dedicated to work that improves communities and the environment, by combining science, engineering, and practical design.
Water Technology is an inclusive employer. We recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. We aspire for each employee to become industry gurus and encourage staff to leverage ‘being an insider’ and access the company network to become a thought leader.
How to Apply
If you would like to be part of a dynamic team in an innovative organisation committed to reducing the impacts of climate change and natural disasters, please forward a cover letter and curriculum vitae to
Please ensure you include a cover letter detailing how you meet the above criteria. This will form part of the assessment process for this role.
**Applicants will be assessed as they arrive – therefore if you have an interest we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone.