Join our Sydney team of industry-leading professionals as a Senior Environmental Consultant.
Due to continued business growth, Water Technology requires a Senior Environmental Consultant to be based in our Parramatta Office. Here you will join a close-knit team of industry-leading professionals, where staff are truly valued and an open, innovative, and supportive culture is encouraged.
I am interested in applying for the Senior Environmental Consultant position
"*" indicates required fields
In this role you will enjoy a variety of work by partnering with local and federal government, regulatory authorities, and private organisations. You will have the opportunity to provide leadership and support on a range of projects, including:
- Conducting Environmental Impact assessments under NSW and Commonwealth Environmental Legislation including the preparation of SEEs, REFs, PEAs and EISs
- Undertaking environmental auditing
- Community & stakeholder engagement
- Preparing fee proposals & marketing
- Undertaking Business Development
The right team member will have:
As an established or emerging leader, you will ideally possess:
- Qualifications in Environmental Science, Town Planning or Engineering essential
- 5 + years experience in environmental impact assessments & approvals within a consulting environment
- Thorough knowledge of the NSW Environmental Planning & Assessment Act & related legislation
- Highly developed interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Project management and budgeting skills
- Ability to work autonomously, and as part of a team
Benefits for you:
Life’s too short, not to have it all.
In exchange for your expertise, Water Technology offers:
- A permanent part-time or full-time role
- A world-class company policy that supports ‘the whole person’. We believe employees’ well-being is paramount and offer real flexibility for balance between work, family, and personal priorities. We respect individual work rhythms and design working conditions to leverage each employee’s most productive self.
- An extensive suite of internal and external training programs to nurture personal and professional development
- The chance to be mentored by and collaborate with some of the most respected and experienced water and environment professionals in Australia
- Involvement in an enviable array of interesting and challenging local and national projects
- An opportunity to work with an expansive and varied client portfolio
- A competitive salary + annual bonus
- Option to be part of the employee share program providing ownership in the business
Environmental Science, Town Planning or Engineering
About Water Technology
Water Technology is an employee-owned Australian water business. We have developed a strong reputation for achieving technical excellence in the delivery of engineering and scientific services, with specialised skills across coastal and marine, hydrogeology, hydrology, and hydraulics, wastewater, geomorphology, environmental planning, civil and environmental engineering. We are dedicated to work that improves communities and the environment, by combining science, engineering, and practical design.
Water Technology is an inclusive employer. We recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. We aspire for each employee to become industry gurus and encourage staff to leverage ‘being an insider’ and access the company network to become a thought leader.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter demonstrating the value you can bring to our organisation and a CV to SEEK only. Or for a confidential conversation, please get in touch with Kim McAuliffe, People and Culture Manager, on (03) 8526 0800.
**Applicants will be assessed as they arrive – therefore, if you have an interest, we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water Technology is proud to contribute to the increasing diversity of the Australian workforce. Supporting equity and diversity means supporting opportunities for all candidates to find suitable employment. As an inclusive recruiter and employer, we recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. Our recruitment upholds the principles of merit and equity, and we welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTQI+ and mature age workers.