Join our dynamic Integrated Stormwater Management team as a Graduate Stormwater and WSUD Engineer.
We are looking for passionate people to continue to grow their technical and leadership skills in sustainable forms of water management.
- 100% Australian, employee-owned environmental consultancy
- Work on a range of exciting multidisciplinary projects
- Sustainability, making the world a better place, and people are central to our culture
I am interested in applying for the Graduate Stormwater and WSUD Engineer position
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Stormwater and WSUD Engineer position to join our Integrated Stormwater Management team – 10 members mainly based in Melbourne. We are looking for a growing environmental or civil engineer to join our dynamic and sustainably focused team. You will be providing specialist technical advice to our clients and team; you will have the opportunity to add value to a range of stormwater management projects including flood risk management, WSUD and Integrated Water Management.
We are looking for passionate people to continue to grow their technical and leadership skills in sustainable water management.
The right team member will have:
If you want to make a difference and drive a positive change in sustainable water management, this role may be for you. We are especially interested in candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental or civil engineering minimum
- 0 – 2 years of experience in an environmental related field, role tailored to your level of experience
- Knowledge in hydrology, ARR 2019 and hydraulics
- Demonstrated experience with TUFLOW and RORB computer modelling programs. Experience using InfoWorks ICM, MIKE, MUSIC and/or HEC-RAS would be desirable.
- Competency in GIS analysis using QGIS, ESRI and/or MapInfo
- Strong oral and written communication skills to liaise with our clients, stakeholders, and team members.
- Eagerness to learn, grow from feedback, and help other members of the team
- Manage and deliver your own projects including resources and timeline
- Flood and stormwater-related technical investigations and reporting
- Assist with the continued growth of the Integrated Stormwater Management team by building and maintaining a portfolio of customer relationships.
- Collaborate with shared group projects within and outside of your team
Bachelor’s degree in environmental or civil engineering minimum
About Water Technology
Our vision is to deliver sustainable and innovative water management solutions to secure the health and safety of the community and environment that we live in for future generations. We aspire to drive positive changes in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals supported by our strong company culture focused on people, sustainability, and leadership development.
We employ over 100 staff operating from 10 offices across five states and overseas in New Zealand. When joining us, you will secure flexible work arrangements (including Working From Home options), a 38-hour a week commitment to balance personal and professional lives, access to our wellbeing and leadership development program, learn from our national team of experts for continuous learning.
How to Apply
If you feel this role may be for you and we can together drive a positive change in environmental sustainability, send your CV and cover letter describing the value you can bring to our organisation to Kim McAuliffe, People and Culture Manager or call (03) 8526 0800.
**Applicants will be assessed as they arrive – therefore, if you have an interest, we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water Technology is proud to contribute to the increasing diversity of the Australian workforce. Supporting equity and diversity means supporting opportunities for all candidates to find suitable employment. As an inclusive recruiter and employer, we recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. Our recruitment upholds the principles of merit and equity, and we welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTQI+ and mature age workers.