Make a difference and drive a positive change in sustainable coastal waters management.
- 100% Australian, employee-owned environmental consultancy
- Work on a range of exciting multidisciplinary projects
- Sustainability, making the world a better place, and people are central to our culture
I am interested in applying for the Coastal Engineer – WA position
We have an exciting opportunity as a Coastal Engineer to join our Coasts & Environment team based in Subiaco. We are looking for an engineer or scientist who can support the team with:
- Proposal & report writing
- Numerical modelling of hydrodynamics, waves, dredge dispersion, thermal discharge
- Breakwater & groyne design
- Coastal hazard and risk assessments; planning for climate change
- Design solutions to meet client needs
- Client/community liaison
The right team member will have:
If you want to make a difference and drive a positive change in sustainable water management, this role may be for you. We are especially interested in candidates with:
- Appropriate engineering or scientific qualification (s)
- 4-8 years experience in the coastal engineering sector, preferably with WA experience
- Excellent interpersonal & written communication skills
- Numerical modelling experience
- Data analysis skills (preferably using codes such as MATLAB or Python)
- Coastal engineering design experience
- Project management experience
- Strong report writing ability
- Ability to work independently
- Nice to Have: GIS and/or civil design skills (ArcGIS preferred)
About Water Technology
Our vision is to deliver sustainable and innovative water management solutions to secure the health and safety of the community and environment that we live in for future generations. We aspire to drive positive changes in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals supported by our strong company culture focused on people, sustainability, and leadership development.
We employ over 100 staff operating from 10 offices across five states and overseas in New Zealand. When joining us, you will secure flexible work arrangements (including Working From Home options), a 38-hour a week commitment to balance personal and professional lives, access to our wellbeing and leadership development program, learn from our national team of experts for continuous learning.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter demonstrating the value you can bring to our organisation via the link on this page. Or for a confidential conversation, please get in touch with Kim McAuliffe, People and Culture Manager, on (03) 8526 0800.
**Applicants will be assessed as they arrive – therefore, if you have an interest, we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water Technology is proud to contribute to the increasing diversity of the Australian workforce. Supporting equity and diversity means supporting opportunities for all candidates to find suitable employment. As an inclusive recruiter and employer, we recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. Our recruitment upholds the principles of merit and equity, and we welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTQI+ and mature age workers.